Stop HFCS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop HFCS

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New to getting rid of HFCS; doing this for my son

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SusanW

New to getting rid of HFCS; doing this for my son Empty
PostSubject: New to getting rid of HFCS; doing this for my son   New to getting rid of HFCS; doing this for my son Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:13 pm

DS is 12. He is so much more in control of himself since I dropped HFCS and CS (corn syrup, dextrose and glucose) from his diet 2 weeks ago. What a difference! The whole house is calmer because he is not flaring up in rages. We homeschool, so it has really made my days much nicer. Thank you for letting me into your site so I can find more foods for him. This is really a big, big help.
Back to top Go down
Elaine/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New to getting rid of HFCS; doing this for my son   New to getting rid of HFCS; doing this for my son Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:50 am

Hi Susan and welcome!

I'm so delighted to have you join our message board. I would like to give you a heads up on the food list I maintain. I post foods without HFCS, but they still may contain corn syrup. Eventually I'd like to get that out of our pantry too.

You did give me an idea to maybe mark those products that are completely corn syrup free.

Thanks for posting!
Elaine
Back to top Go down
https://stophfcs.aforumfree.com
SusanW

PostSubject: Re: New to getting rid of HFCS; doing this for my son   New to getting rid of HFCS; doing this for my son Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:13 am

Elaine,
thanks for the welcome. I am new to reading labels, so I guess I need to memorize the ways CS can be listed, huh? Smile My son likes how he feels and that his big brother is nicer to him now, so he is willing to also read labels. It also helps that I am paying him to stick to no CS--I figure it's a hard job and he should get paid. He told me this afternoon that he didn't want what big brother was having because he'd rather have his money. It's a dollar a day for about a month. By then I figure he'll be used to no CS and not need the $ to encourage him.

susan
Back to top Go down
Elaine/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New to getting rid of HFCS; doing this for my son   New to getting rid of HFCS; doing this for my son Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:59 am

Hi Susan,

I think that's a great incentive! My DD5.5 has been really good about avoiding HFCS. The only thing I can't replace is her pancake syrup. Crying or Very sad

I've bought real maple syrup but she doesn't like it. I have found a recipe for pancake syrup which is primarily brown sugar, water and vanilla extract. I might try that when we're done with this last bottle. It's something we rarely use, and she is not sensitive to HFCS. However, I think we are all better off without this lab chemical.
Back to top Go down
https://stophfcs.aforumfree.com
Brenda

PostSubject: Agave Nector   New to getting rid of HFCS; doing this for my son Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:42 pm

We use Agave Nector for pancake syrup. It is all natural syrup made from the agave plant found at healthy stores like Trader Joes and Whole Foods.

Yes, please * foods on your list that are free of all corn syrup. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to getting rid of HFCS; doing this for my son   New to getting rid of HFCS; doing this for my son Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to getting rid of HFCS; doing this for my son
Page 1 of 1