Stop HFCS

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Possible HFCS Allergy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jharr

PostSubject: Possible HFCS Allergy   Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:53 pm

This is all pretty new to me, but my ENT suggested that I could have a possible food allergy to Dairy, Wheat or HFCS. I've been on an elimination diet for dairy and wheat for the last several weeks and I've felt great. I reintroduced dairy without a problem. I hadn't yet introduced wheat when I ate out at a local restaurant and had a reaction. My symptoms have been mainly upper respiratory and bloating. I had only a salad and tortilla soup, nothing with wheat. I didn't give the comment from the ENT about HFCS much thought because frankly I didn't know what it was. It wasn't until I did some research that I realized how bad it is. I thought I was reintroducing wheat back into my diet today, but after having a couple slices of Pepperidge Farm Whole Wheat Bread, I read the packaging and saw that it has HFCS in it. I feel awful today, congested, bloated, sluggish a little dizzy and not able to focus real well. Do anyone know if these are possible side affect of eating HFCS?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy K

PostSubject: Re: Possible HFCS Allergy   Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:02 pm

I did the exact same thing with the elimination diet. I was getting sick every day with stabbing abdominal pains after I ate and then bloating and fatigue. I thought it was a wheat allergy so I took that out of my diet but it didn't help. I was down to eating Cheerios and green tea, both of which didn't make me sick. After a day of feeling great I ate an apple (natural fructose) and was sick within 5 minutes. Unfortunately for me ALL fructose makes me sick but I've since figured out that anything with HFCS in it gives me the same symptoms. Sad I've done a lot of research since and figured out a few foods that I can eat. I miss fruit the most though! I'm sorry to hear about your possible HFCS intolerance, but it's nice to know I'm not alone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenda

PostSubject: Re: Possible HFCS Allergy   Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:47 am

The HFCS causes my daughter to be unfocused and have stomach aches, the wheat causes bloating. I would eliminate the HFCS and use wheat only frequently. The sprouted wheat breads like Ezekiel ( the one with the bible verse on it) do not cause the bloating for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible HFCS Allergy   

Back to top Go down

Possible HFCS Allergy
Page 1 of 1