Stop HFCS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop HFCS

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kashi is a great brand

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ldw115

ldw115

Kashi is a great brand Empty
PostSubject: Kashi is a great brand   Kashi is a great brand Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:48 am

This one should actually be in several categories. Kashi makes several cookies that are quite good and are all HFCS free. They also have several varieties of crackers that are HFCS free. And, I almost forgot, cereal too.
Back to top Go down
happycampers

PostSubject: Re: Kashi is a great brand   Kashi is a great brand Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:18 am

If you haven't tried Kashi (or if you've tried it, liked it, and want some more for free), here's a link for a free sample of Kashi's Mountain Medley Granola Cereal:
http://www.kashi.com/outreach/off_your_rump/free_sample
Back to top Go down
ldw115

ldw115

PostSubject: Re: Kashi is a great brand   Kashi is a great brand Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:30 am

I wrote to Kashi and questioned them about their mission statement (not that I have any problem with it, just looking for clarity). I also suggested that maybe they mention in their ads that they do not/will not use HFCS in their products. This is the response I received:
Quote :
Hello Lisa,

Thank you for contacting us about High Fructose Corn Syrup in our products.

Kashi Company was created in the small town of La Jolla, California, in 1983 by Phil and Gayle Tauber, a couple who were looking for a nutritionally balanced breakfast that would satisfy the dietary needs of their health-conscious lifestyle.

They developed a unique recipe using seven different whole grains and sesame, each of the grains where individually selected for their nutritional benefits. What they came up with is our signature cereal, 7 Whole Grain Pilaf which is made up of buckwheat, triticale, rye, hard red winter wheat, barley, oats, long grain brown rice, and sesame seeds.

When Phil and Gayle Tauber created their unique Seven Whole Grains and Sesame blend, they named it Kashi ~ a synthesis of the words "kashruth" or kosher and "Kushi", which is the last name of the founders of Macrobiotics, a whole foods way of eating and living.

Kashi continues to provide pure nourishment by offering minimally processed foods free of refined sugars, unnecessary additives and preservatives. Product integrity and purity will always be the hallmarks of Kashi products.

Thanks again for your interest in the Kashi Company. We will be sure to let them know about your advertising suggestion.

Best of health,

Carole K Meehan
Consumer Relations
Back to top Go down
Elaine/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kashi is a great brand   Kashi is a great brand Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:01 am

Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Kashi and post the info.

I've noticed Kraft has rolled out a new line of salad dressings that does not have HFCS.....at least the varieties I've looked at. You've inspired me to contact them to see if they'd consider adding no HFCS to their label.

I think that would help consumers to know that their is such a substance, and pressure other companies to eliminate it as well.

Part of me would like to see this website and message board become successful....but better yet, I'd like it to become obsolete. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://stophfcs.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kashi is a great brand   Kashi is a great brand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kashi is a great brand
Page 1 of 1