Stop HFCS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop HFCS

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New to being hfcs-free

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
des421

New to being hfcs-free Empty
PostSubject: New to being hfcs-free   New to being hfcs-free Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:24 am

Hey guys....yesterday, I printed the list of hfcs-free foods from this site. I went to the grocery store after work and bought all hfcs foods...when I got home, I cleaned out my pantry, fridge and freezer and am trying to go hfcs-free! Wish me luck! By the way, I can't believe how many foods have this....even my favorite kosher dill spears!!! Anyway, I'm hoping to lose some weight and feel more motivated to exercise....I'll let you know how it's going! By the way, this list included Dr. Pepper Original...but I checked the label and it does have it..so be sure to check labels on the items....thanks!
Back to top Go down
bluroses

bluroses

PostSubject: Hello!   New to being hfcs-free Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:56 am

Hi! My boyfriend and I started watching more carefully for HFCS after he saw the documentary "King Corn" on PBS. I would like to lose weight and for both of us to be as healthy as possible, so I am happy to read labels. I am often surprised at items that have HFCS as one of the main ingredients. Hot dog buns?! Really?! Yup. Sigh. I stumbled across this site while trying to find a barbeque sauce with no HFCS. Thanks for maintaing such a great resource!
Back to top Go down
http://book-kitten.blogspot.com
happycampers

PostSubject: Re: New to being hfcs-free   New to being hfcs-free Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:23 pm

bluroses wrote:
Hi! My boyfriend and I started watching more carefully for HFCS after he saw the documentary "King Corn" on PBS. I would like to lose weight and for both of us to be as healthy as possible, so I am happy to read labels. I am often surprised at items that have HFCS as one of the main ingredients. Hot dog buns?! Really?! Yup. Sigh. I stumbled across this site while trying to find a barbeque sauce with no HFCS. Thanks for maintaing such a great resource!

We saw that documentary too, and that is what helped convince DH. Surprised by the buns? Try tomato soup. That one is the one that has me scratching my head. scratch As for the BBQ sauce, someone had mentioned finding Bull's Eye to be HFCS free (don't know if that's all varieties or not). And Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Elaine/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New to being hfcs-free   New to being hfcs-free Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:00 pm

Thanks for posting about the Dr. Pepper. I will remove that from the list. Sometimes I think sodas ingredients can be a regional thing.

I really appreciate the updates! It makes my job much easier! Very Happy

Elaine
Back to top Go down
https://stophfcs.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to being hfcs-free   New to being hfcs-free Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to being hfcs-free
Page 1 of 1