Stop HFCS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop HFCS

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss

Go down 
+2
Elaine/Admin
JapanMama
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JapanMama

Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss Empty
PostSubject: Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss   Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:38 am

I used to have a BIG problem with asthma attacks. I would cough and cough until I choked, and my hands tingled (from lack of oxygen). My doctor prescribed an EpiPen for me, because it happened to me so often. I had to take a medication to prevent asthma attacks, and I always had to carry a bronchodilator for when I had an ashtma attack. I had asthma attacks almost every day.
I finally discovered that I was having an asthma attack within a few minutes of every time I ate something that contained High Fructose Corn Syrup. So I started avoiding foods that contained high fructose corn syrup. At first it was really hard. Then I discovered that if the ingredients list is only a sentence long, then there is usually no corn syrup. If the ingredients list is a paragraph, or several paragraphs long, I don't even bother reading it, because it always has corn syrup in the ingredients.
This is what happened to me:
Since I have strictly avoided eating High Fructose Corn Syrup, I no longer have asthma attacks. I don't have to take those expensive medications at all. I NEVER have an asthma attack. My other allergies have become considerably less noticeable also. Even my allergy to cats has become less severe. Also, my husband and children and I have all lost weight. We have each lost the "spare tire" around the middle. It took about 6 months.
I have declared my house to be a "strictly corn syrup free zone". No procucts containing corn syrup are to be brought into this house. I tell my family that this is for my protection. I didn't like how I used to feel ill all the time. It was miserable. Remembering that ill feeling makes it easier for me to avoid any temptation to eat things containing corn syrup. My children know that they have to eat their corn syrup containing treats before they come in through the door.
I think it is important to avoid other manufactured corn syrup products as well. Besides avoiding high fructose corn syrup and corn syrup, we also do not eat the corn syrup derivatives, including dextrose, dextrin, and maltodextrin. That leaves out a lot of manufactured products. I have learned to make most of my foods from scratch. That way, I can be sure of the ingredients.
I hope this experience will help others to feel better and improve their health as well.
Back to top Go down
Elaine/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss   Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:44 pm

Thank you so much for your encouraging post. I too have asthma and need to lose weight, so I was very encouraged by your story.

Thank you for sharing, and please visit often!

Thank you,
Elaine/Admin
Back to top Go down
https://stophfcs.aforumfree.com
Thin_Again

PostSubject: I lost weight too!   Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 4:16 pm

I'm tall, so I can carry a lot of weight without too much trouble. But when I got to almost 200 lbs. I about lost it! I was heading from size 18 jeans to size 20 and I sure wasn't happy about it.

So I cut out almost all high fructose corn syrup immediately and between that and the fish oil and vitamin B for the depression and cholesterol problems I had, it has really changed my life.

I've lost 50 lbs. and it didn't take long at all. Melted off like butter and I didn't even excercise.

Steph
Back to top Go down
Elaine/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss   Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 4:24 pm

Steph,

What a wonderful success story. I'm so happy to hear about your progress. Please continue to share your tips and motivations!

Thanks so much!
Elaine
Back to top Go down
https://stophfcs.aforumfree.com
jukido

PostSubject: Re: Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss   Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:25 pm

Thank you for sharing, and please visit often!

bachelor degree
symptoms of stomach ulcer
Back to top Go down
kaspersky1

PostSubject: Re: Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss   Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:38 pm

She again replied, "Why, yes I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. I used to baby-sit him for his parents. And he, too, has been a real disappointment to me. He's lazy, bigoted, he has a drinking problem. The man can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the shoddiest in the entire state. Yes, I know him."
Back to top Go down
fixie

PostSubject: Re: Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss   Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Thanks for sharing the story JapanMama.

I found this forum after doing a bit of searching on what could have cause me to have asthma so severly after 3 years of not even needing medication - I worked out that my symptoms came back immediately after having ice cream covered in Hershey's chocolate syrup... that stuff is full of HFCS! In Australia we have very few foods with HFCS, the only way to get it are by buying imported goods so I've never really been exposed to it...
Back to top Go down
http://nomadic-duo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss   Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eliminating HFCS avoids asthma attacks and causes weight loss
Page 1 of 1