Stop HFCS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop HFCS

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sixone Introduction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sixone18

Sixone Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Sixone Introduction   Sixone Introduction Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:36 am

I just began learning about hfcs and it is insidious! I made a turkey sandwich for lunch and it was in the bread and the salad dressing. This all arose from a conversation that I had with a new friend from England who mentioned that the US has no real "chocolate," probably due to the HFCS. She said that she can see why obesity is so high in this country! I am beginning to believe it and have joined this forum with the hope that you can help me become better educated. Just from the little I have read, I am getting very angry! Why is this all through our food system??!
Back to top Go down
Elaine/Admin
Admin

Sixone Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sixone Introduction   Sixone Introduction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:25 am

Sixone,

thank you for visiting and introducing yourself.

There is a lot of speculaiton that this is in our food source because the corn industry has been heavilly subsidized making this ingredient much cheaper then cane sugar. It also prolongs the shelf life of products adding to the economic benefit.

At first, it was really tough for me to eliminate this, but after doing this for awhile it's become pretty easy and grocery shopping is almost a breeze. I know exactly what I can pick up and what to avoid.

I know the brand of crackers I can grab, as well as the cereals. Ev;erything else is pretty much produce and meat/chicken/eggs/seafood.

Congrats on deciding to try a diet without this chemical! Please let us know how you do!

Once again, Welcome!
Elaine
Back to top Go down
https://stophfcs.aforumfree.com

Sixone Introduction
Page 1 of 1