Stop HFCS

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

"Eat this, not that" Book. Is it on the right track?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jwrape

PostSubject: "Eat this, not that" Book. Is it on the right track?   Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:45 am

There are a few guys here at work that have this book and I thumbed through it and it looks reasonable but I didn't look for HFCS while looking through. Anyone here know about this book and if it is a good guide book for eating?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmtrain

PostSubject: Most books focus   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:48 am

Hello: most books focus on one theme or another. It is hard to find a book that does what you want. We are writing a book on how to avoid chemicals on foods as an example. We work hard to eliminate all of the harmful chemicals so that people can cook from scratch and not get sick. Yet we are not focusing on those with food allergies or diabetes because the book would be just too complex.

As to eating out tricks the very best advice we can give is don't. Most processed foods down to garlic powder, onion powder and cheese often have chemicals that are quite harmful. Synthetic MSG (monosodium Glutamate) is in 70 to 80 percent of all foods, it kills brain cells among other things. HFCS converts directly to fat from the liver and inhibits hormones that tell you when your are full along with potential cancer risks. Sodium Benzoate can lead to cancer and Aspartame is no better. Some food colorings are high on the don't eat list.

Microscopic amounts are all you need to create massive headaches or instigate health/emotional imbalance. MSG can cause paranoia, depression ADD and other behavioral problems.

Eating out or eating food friends make for you is a risk since they may not have the same concerns you do. You also have the problems of E-coli and Salmonella to be concerned with, these are far more serious than people realize they can cause you to be paralyzed for life and can and have killed.

Not trying to be the old doom and gloom, but food processing that adds chemicals and poor health standards have caused this situation. It is not about just us, our family friends and especially our children deserve better. Eat the bad stuff and you will be paying twice. Down the road health issues will become a life long battle. Most restaurants can tell you what they put in their food, but they cannot tell you what ingredients are in the food they bought. Most tomato puree has MSG. Most cheeses have carrageen which includes MSG. Onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder can often have msg. The same is true of salad dressings, which also have HFCS. Preserved meats have sodium benzoate.

Finally, I have had the opportunity to see the kitchen in the typical restaurants and would never consider eating there. No matter how nice the restaurant looks out front you want to know how it looks in the kitchen, refrigerator and on the counters where they cook the food. Corners were bacteria can grow on food dropped and scattered can lay for years as they carelessly mop the center of the floor. There is/was a cooking show on TV where a famous chief helped clean up the restaurants, it is not far from the truth.

Before I am blasted by the few restaurants that truly care, I know you are out there I just do not know who you are; that is the problem for all of us. Fancy chairs and tables do not equate to a clean kitchen.

One upper end fast food chain was proud to list NO MSG and identified MSG free on each and every item including their cheese burger. The cheese sadily had MSG which the corporate chief did not realize until we pointed it out. Well meaning sometimes is not good enough. Finding all of the dangerous chemicals in our foods is tough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://healthylife.rmtrain.com
kaspersky1

PostSubject: Re: "Eat this, not that" Book. Is it on the right track?   Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:39 pm

A man goes up to a stock broker says, "I want to open a so-and-so trading account!"
Blanching, the lady replies, "Excuse me, sir, what did you just say?"
"Listen you, dag-nab it, I said I want to open a trading account this instant!"
"Pardon me, sir, but we do not stand for that sort of talk in this institution!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Eat this, not that" Book. Is it on the right track?   

Back to top Go down

"Eat this, not that" Book. Is it on the right track?
Page 1 of 1