Stop HFCS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop HFCS

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
IAgreeWithYou

New member Empty
PostSubject: New member   New member Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:08 pm

Thank you for this site! This is a great resource.
I eliminated HFCS from my diet last year, and rather quickly noticed how healthy I felt! I also lost a lot of weight, and my skin cleared up. I think the HFCS in American food is why so many people are sick, exhausted, overeating, and unhealthy. It doesn't even make food taste better, but I think it's cheaper for the processors.

I cleaned out and had to throw or give away half my fridge and pantry, but I found:
Trader Joe's has a delicious peanut butter, and the only ingredients are peanuts.
Costco sells a multigrain type bread called Innkeepers Bread that has no corn syrup, nothing artificial, and no preservatives.
Chobani greek yogurt and Bare Naked Granola are also healthy, delicious, safe to eat, and have no weird ingredients.
Quaker Oats are just as easy to make as instant oatmeal.
Diet Mayo - yuck - has HFCS! Real mayo in comparison surprisingly to me is healthier.

Thanks for finding relish and bbq sauce without HFCS. I like those condiments, and thought I was going to have to live without them.
Back to top Go down
RahimBhai

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:52 am

Hi guy

I am also same opinion with you because this site has great resource. I would like to introduce about myself. I am rahimbahi here in this forum newbie .

thanks

subduedjoy

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:05 am

Yah. I know. It seems that many so-called diet foods contain HFCS. How can it be a diet food if it contains HFCS, and ingredient that causes obesity? Even Weight Watchers puts HFCS in some of its entrees.
Back to top Go down
CLH

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:55 pm

The reason even diet food companys are still using HFCS for is the money. HFCS is cheaper and can be made in large baches unlike sugar. However; besides that I think it comes down to ignorance. Do you know that the developed of HFCS was intended to be this great wounder sweetener that was thought to be perfect for diebetics etc... because eatting it didn't cause insulin reaction. So basicly you could eat carbs and your body would respond naturally. You would think this would be a light bulb for someone that if the body does not respond naturally to it that it might not be good for us. Then it was found not only to be sweet, but a good preservative. So back to the forzen foods, a good perservative means longer freezer time which I guess really leads back to money. In truth W.W. has done a lot of good for a lot of people, but what started out as an organization to help with weight loss, became a corportation and I think once that happen at least one side of the company may only see profit and not what would be best for the consumer. However; I could be wrong it could just be ignorance.

CLH study
Back to top Go down
JoMorningStar

New member Empty
PostSubject: New member   New member Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:12 am

My name is Jo Morningstar, im Native American. And am working on eliminating HFCS totally from my diet. Glad that i found this website, Nice to also know that im not alone in this quest.

I live in New England, transplanted from Missouri. I was born with spina bifida, primary immune disorder (dont make antibodies ) and have a LOT of allergies.. so besides eliminating HFCS from the diet, i also have to steer clear of ingredients im allergic to.. makes like interesting..

I use a medical alert service dog, that is also cross trained for mobility assistance. I can walk some, but use a wheelchair for any distance, its also safer for me as my legs can hyperextend without warning. and falling is Never fun!>

Ive also noticed that my service dogs do better without soy in their diet. the last 3 have been on a Raw Prey diet (raw meat) with the occasional biscuit treat. it was a SHOCK to find that mfgs are now putting HFCS into dog treats.. guess that is another way to control the pet population!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1