Stop HFCS

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

SUBWAY (Eat fresh?)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KissmeFace7

PostSubject: SUBWAY (Eat fresh?)   Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:57 am

since learning about HFCS I looked up subways ingredents because I LOVE subway and it is the healthiest place to eat around where I work. I dont always have time to make lunch before I leave so I thought I would share with you what I found..

I strongly reccomend having the Flatbread sandwiches! SO YUMMY and less bread than all the regular breads

these are the ONLY things I found WITH HFCS... so I would avoid these when going to subway! Smile

BREADS

9-GRAIN WHEAT Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, barley malt, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, yeast, high fructose corn syrup, whole wheat flour, wheat gluten, contains 2% or less of the following: oat fiber, soybean oil, salt, wheat bran, rolled wheat, rye nuggets, dough conditioners (DATEM, sodium stearoyl lactylate), yeast nutrients (calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate), degermed yellow corn meal, rolled oats, rye flakes, caramel color, triticale flakes, parboiled brown rice, refinery syrup, honey, barley flakes, flaxseed, millet, sorghum flour. Contains wheat.

HONEY OAT BREAD Subway® Wheat Bread, honey oat topping (organic cane juice solids, rolled oats, diced soy nuts, honey solids, wheat starch, sunflower oil, salt, caramel color, and natural flavor). Contains soy and wheat.

YES THE WHEAT BREAD!!! SUPPOSED TO BE HEALHIER FOR YOU.. CONTAINS HFCS

SOURDOUGH BREAD Enriched flour (flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, yeast, high fructose corn syrup, soybean oil, salt, fumaric acid, sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, sodium diacetate, acetylated tartaric acid esters of mono-and diglycerides, lactic acid, ammonium sulfate, calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, potassium iodate, amylase, mineral oil. Contains wheat.

MEATS - free and clear of HFCS but let me ask you is "modified corn starch" the same? please let me know and I will edit this post.

CHEESE- Also free and clear

VEGGIES- OF COURSE free and clear!

CONDIMENTS-

CHIPOTLE SOUTHWEST Soybean oil, water, buttermilk (cultured pasteurized skim milk and milk, sodium citrate, salt), chipotle pepper sauce concentrate (red jalapeno peppers, distilled vinegar, sugar, salt and onions), high fructose corn syrup, egg yolks, distilled vinegar, corn syrup, contains less than 2% of non-fat milk solids, salt, dehydrated onion, phosphoric acid, autolyzed yeast extract, xanthan gum, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (as preservatives), dehydrated garlic, torula yeast, lactic acid, disodium inosinate and disodium guanylate, dehydrated parsley, Oleoresin paprika, polysorbate 60, propylene glycol alginate, calcium disodium EDTA added to protect flavor. Contains egg and milk.

FRUIZLE EXPRESS- ( the only one HFSC free is the Berry flavor)

PEACH PIZAZZ Water, sugar, high fructose corn sweeteners, pasteurized peach puree, pasteurized strawberry puree, natural flavors, citric acid, xanthan gum, Fruizle Kiwi Flavor Mix (contains: malic acid, citric acid, ascorbic acid, natural flavors and artificial flavors, freeze-dried key lime juice concentrate, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, artificial colors: yellow #5, blue #1), sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate to preserve freshness, propylene glycol, artificial colors FD&C yellow #5 and #6, and red #40.

PINEAPPLE DELIGHT Water, sugar, high fructose corn sweeteners, pasteurized pineapple puree, pasteurized orange juice concentrate, pasteurized pineapple juice concentrate, citric acid, xanthan gum, Fruizle Pineapple flavor mix (contains: malic acid, freeze-dried pineapple juice concentrate, ascorbic acid, citric acid, natural flavor, artificial color: yellow #5) sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate to preserve freshness, propylene glycol, natural flavors, artificial flavor, artificial colors FD&C yellow #5 and #6. Optional ingredient: Banana slices (bananas, ascorbic acid, citric acid).

SUNRISE ENERGIZER Water, sugar, high fructose, corn sweeteners, pasteurized mango puree, pasteurized orange juice concentrate, citric acid, xanthan gum, Fruizle Tangerine flavor mix (contains: malic acid, ascorbic acid, natural flavor, citric acid, freeze-dried lemon juice concentrate, maltodextrin, freeze-dried grapefruit juice concentrate, artificial color: yellow #5) sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate to preserve freshness, natural flavors, propylene glycol, artificial flavors, artificial colors FD&C yellow #5 and #6.

COOKIES-

CHOCOLATE CHUNK Enriched bleached flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar, chocolate chunks (sugar, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, dextrose, soy lecithin, natural and artificial flavors), palm oil, eggs, high fructose corn syrup, water, molasses, baking soda, salt, whey, natural and artificial flavor. Wheat, milk, eggs and soy. (Due to the nature of how these cookies are displayed they may come in contact with other peanut or tree nut-containing cookies.)

PEANUT BUTTER Enriched bleached flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), sugar, peanut butter (peanuts, sugar, palm oil, salt), peanut butter chips (sugar, palm kernel oil, peanuts, partially defatted peanut flour, lactose, whey, anhydrous milkfat, nonfat milk, sodium caseinate, buttermilk, soy lecithin, salt, artificial flavor), margarine (palm oil, butter, water, salt, mono- and diglycerides, natural flavor, vitamin A palmitate, beta carotene), eggs, molasses, high fructose corn syrup, water, baking soda, salt. CONTAINS: Wheat, peanuts, milk, eggs and soy. (Due to the nature of how these cookies are displayed they may come in contact with other tree nut-containing cookies).

All in all.. I believe SUBWAY is a great place to eat if you know what is okay to get. I ONLY posted the products containing HFCS... as for calorie and sugar and everthing else you should watch for.. i guess you should use your own judgement.

I hope this was as helpful to you as it was to me!!

Have a great day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
overthehill64

PostSubject: Thanks for Tips   Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:35 am

thanks for the info re: Subway since we're traveling out of state next month and I planned on eating at Subway occcasionally while gone..Vickie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SamSing

PostSubject: Re: SUBWAY (Eat fresh?)   Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:07 am

cheers Good Job KissmeFace7
I've passed this GREAT info to all my friends and family.
Thanks SS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elaine/Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SUBWAY (Eat fresh?)   Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:26 am

Thank you for posting this! I will have to try their flatbread. I have found most flatbreads and wraps to be safe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stophfcs.aforumfree.com
GregInWI

PostSubject: Eat Fresh?   Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:23 pm

Unless you are eating vegetables, not much is fresh.

Everything at Subway is processed. Processed foods are one of the first things to look to eliminate if you want to lose weight.

I have lost 1/2-3/4 pound per day for the last 3 weeks, and I've done nothing but eliminate processed foods. I still eat my fill and feel quite satisfied.

I'm just commenting on Subway because their food is not exactly healthy and nutricious like they try to claim.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUBWAY (Eat fresh?)   

Back to top Go down

SUBWAY (Eat fresh?)
Page 1 of 1